FaceBook

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Going On Vacation This Summer?

I have the opportunity to help you save some money this summer if you're planning on visiting Tennessee!  Read on!

Visit our 8 Gatlinburg Attractions! Experience eight unique attractions including Ripley's Believe It or Not! Odditorium, our 85,000 sq ft Aquarium of the Smokies, a 5D Moving Theater, our bone-chilling Haunted Adventure, the mind-bending Marvelous Mirror Maze, and our two fully themed mini-golf courses!

My Readers Save $3 Off Adult and $2 Off Child Admission to all of Ripley's Attractions in Tennessee.
Use Online Promo Code: USFAMILYGUIDE
Must purchase online. Guinness World Records Museum, Ripley's 5D Moving Theater, Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Odditorium, Ripley's Davy Crockett Mini-Golf, Ripley's Haunted Adventure, and Ripley's Marvelous Mirror Maze
http://usfamilycoupons.com/coupon.php?regionid=75&bid=10276&dealid=1704 @usfg #gatlinburg #ripleys

I absolutely love aquariums and I'm excited to visit Ripley's Aquarium along with all of the other attractions!

DISCLAIMER:

*For posting this discount offer I'm receiving free admission into all 8 Ripley's attractions*





Monday, May 18, 2015

My Interview About Having Fibro

**** Edited - I'm going to have to leave you with just Part II of the interview, as the file for Part I is too large and I don't know how to break it down into smaller segments.  If anyone would like to listen to Part I as well, contact me via the feedback form and I'll be happy to email it to you. ****



I was contacted by a very nice fellow named Harry Quinn Schone.  He's a PhD student at University College London.  His  thesis concerns philosophical conceptions and classifications of disease.  He's particulary interested in Fibromyalgia.  

Unfortunately it was a bad fibro fog day for me, as is evidenced in the interview.  
At first, I thought I sounded like a very niave person with all of my "umms", but then I decided it is what it is when one has fibro. There's two parts to the interview so when you leave off with the first recording, play the next one.


video



I feel that the questions and answers contained in this interview is very important to help spread awareness so please feel free to share this post across your social media sites.



Wednesday, May 6, 2015

So Much Excitement In The Air

Some of you may notice that a badge on the right hand side of the screen has been swapped out.  Yes, the badge naming this blog a "top fibromyalgia blog for 2014" has now been replaced a new one naming this blog one of the best fibromyalgia blogs of the year for 2015!  I can't begin to tell you how truly humbling it is to have made Healthline.com's top 15 this year.  This is 3 years in a row now.  It's absolutely mind-blowing to me that my little corner of the internet world gets noticed by someone as prestegious as Healthline.  Well, in all honesty, that it gets noticed by anyone for that matter.  


I don't know how in the world I distorted the screenshot when I cropped it down.  I tried playing with the crop to fix it but it just kept getting funkier so I just left it alone lol.  Every blog on Healthline's list, is of top quality so make sure you check them out.  There are some new ones on the list this year!  You can click the link HERE to access the slide show.

In all honesty, I have all of YOU to thank for this honor because without you I never would've had the courage or determination to keep writing this blog for the past 3 years.  

The other exciting news in the air, is that my fundraising event for National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day 2015 is this Saturday!  I can't believe how quickly the date snuck up on me!  I'm attaching a flyer I'd made up for the event, but since the design, I've had even more artists that have wanted to participate!  I still have a lot of work ahead of me before Saturday and I'm a nervous wreck about everything coming off as it should the day of the event.  -The weather forecast has me nervous all in it's own!  This is an outside event and it started off last Saturday with an 80% chance of storms for May 9th.  Then it dropped to a 50% chance.  Now, it's down to a 40% chance of storms.  I pray, pray, pray that it drops even more.  -Or if not, that we hit the 60% chance of it NOT storming.  I'm choosing to concentrate on the 60% of no storms, than the 40% of possible storms.


Monday, I will post an update to the event with a lot of pictures for you all to see!  Until then, love and butterfly hugs to all!