FaceBook

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Looking For Ways To Eat Healthier & To Lose Weight



I'm a Bzz Agent, and I had the opportunity to get in on a campaign for MorningStar Farms veggie burgers.  I'll admit, I was slow to actually follow through with trying these, because the idea of eating a veggie burger just wasn't very appealing to me.  Due to all of my health problems though, I really have been trying to eat a little healthier.  I've gained over 30 pounds in the last 4 months or so, due to my fibro meds.  Gabapentin just seems to be packing the pounds on me!

My daughter, Courtney was really excited to try these though, as she doesn't like very many kinds of meat.  Usually, she skips whatever meat dish I make for dinner, and just eats the sides and the vegetables.  I sucked it up and made them one night for supper, along with a tossed salad.  I fried them, like I would a regular hamburger.  I seasoned them with a little bit of Season All, some pepper, and a little bit of Worcestershire sauce.

They smelled great while cooking, which led me to get a bit more excited about taking that first bite of the burger.  I have to admit, the taste wasn't too bad at all, although I found the texture a bit different!  Courtney, on the other hand, loved everything about them so I'll keep buying them.  The next time, I'm going to look up some recipes off of the MorningStar Farms website.  They have some recipes over there that sound really, really yummy!  Take a look at some of the recipes, and give one a try yourself.  You might just be surprised with how good a veggie burger can taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment