FaceBook

Saturday, September 29, 2012

HomeMade Broccoli, Rice, and Cheese Casserole


This is a recipe that my mom passed down to me, and my oldest son and youngest daughter both love it more then anything! On their birthday, I always make the kids whatever they want for supper.  Today is my Courtney's birthday!  My "baby" is 17 already! Every chance she gets to beg for my Broccoli, Rice, & Cheese casserole she does! So, this was part of our supper tonight.  This photo is before I popped it into the oven!

Shhhh.....don't tell anyone but I'm going to spill my "secret" recipe with you, just because I feel that all of you here on The Fibro Frog are my family!  

1c. thinly sliced celery

1c. diced onion

2 boxes frozen Freshlike brand cut, chopped broccoli (Freshlike brand is the only one around here that sells the cut/chopped broccoli)

1lrg. can cream of mushroom soup

4c. shredded mild cheddar cheese

2.5c. instant rice (uncooked)

Enough butter melted in a skillet to saute the onion and celery.  

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Saute the onions and celery until tender.  Open broccoli and put it in a strainer.  Run under hot water to thaw the broccoli.  Add it to the sauteed onions and celery.  Add the cream of mushroom soup, rice, and cheese.  Keep stirring until cheese is completely melted.  Make sure you have all of the rice completely mixed in and covered by the soup and cheese.  Put into a 13x9 baking pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes.  It will be a nice golden brown color when finished. For some reason the coloring in my photo is off.  It really isn't as brown as it looks in this photo.  I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we do!





No comments:

Post a Comment