FaceBook

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Ok, this is gonna be a big ole vent post.  I had a headache, back pain, and a burning pain around my left knee so I took an Ultram.  The pain didn't go away so I thought I'd couple it with a hot, relaxing bath.  My tub is a normal tub (even though I'd almost KILL for a whirlpool tub) but it's extra deep.  It has a slanted back, and arm rests.  It's nice to soak and relax in. 

I got the water nice and hot, and layed back to relax.  It made me feel pretty good, so I moved on to washing my body.  Big mistake.  As I leaned forward and reached out to start washing my right leg, my body was cocked just enough that it put a HUGE charley horse cramp right below my right rib cage. 

It hurt so bad I could hardly breathe.  I started yelling "Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!".  My husband came in and asked what was wrong, and I told him that I needed his help.  The cramp was even starting to make smaller (although still painful) cramps around the sides of both of my shoulder blades in my back.

Jason had to help me rinse off, dry me, then help me get dressed.  How.  Humiliating.  This is the 2nd time within a week or two that this has happened to me and I've had to have help.  It makes me feel like an invalid, when I'm only 41.  I'm sick of it.  It's embarrassing.  Totally.  Not to mention painful



I'm not even going to complain about the fact that the outside of my hand & down my little finger has been numb for about the last 6 hours or so tonight.  At least that's just annoying, and not painful.  Fibromyalgia, I'm sick of you.  I'm mad, and I'm fighting back!!  Fibro, I'm giving you a great big middle finger!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to have that as a cling for my Trailblazer!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went back and read your post, I had to of course scroll down and hit the pic first. You say your are 41, so funny because so am I. lol But not so funny about the cramp thing. Do you get twitches in your limbs. I have noticed that every so often either one of my arms or legs with just give out a big twitch and only once. I am not sure what is going on there. I am really thinking it is time to visit the rheumatologist again. Ugg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once in awhile I do get little muscle twinges. Usually in my face. -Like lip or eye. I also sometimes get little ones in my lower abdomin. Yes, you really do need to go fo a visit again!

    ReplyDelete