FaceBook

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Kidney For Jay


I have a friend, that has a beautiful family.  She has a wonderful husband and two extremely adorable little boys.  Her husband, Jay, unfortunately needs a kidney transplant.  Hilary created a facebook page awhile back to try and get the word out.  

I haven't "met" one single person yet that suffers with Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Rheumatiod Arthritis, Osteo Arthritis, etc. that hasn't been a top notch stand up person.  You know how we all band together as one big family, and try to help one another as much as we can?  Well I need you all to pull Hilary and Jay into our circle and help them get the word out that they're looking for a live kidney donor.  I know that most of us aren't eligible for something like this, but you never know who on your friends list may actually consider it or be happy to do it.  We need to get the word out to every person we possibly can.

I'm asking you all to please take a minute or two to go "like" the facebook page "A Kidney For Jay".  To get to the page, just click the words above that are highlighted, or else click right HERE.  After you "like" the page, please share it.  It always makes me feel good to do something nice and helpful at the beginnng of a new year.  I feel that it's just good karma, besides the fact that it's just something we should all do anyway.  I, along with Hilary and Jay, would be very grateful for any "likes" and shares (through all of your social media sites if you would please), but besides us appreciating it, think of this; you man indirectly be a part of saving a person's life.  How humbling would that feeling be?

I'm going to share what Hiliary has said in the "about" section of the facebook page:

"At just 40 years old, my husband Jason is in renal failure and on dialysis. He is on the transplant waiting list but he average wait time os 3-5 years. His best hope at this point is to find a living donor! Can you imagine how it would feel to give the gift of LIFE? I'm not a candidate & I want my husband around a lot longer! All I can do is help spread the word about his condition. 

The actual transplant surgery is performed laproscopically, minimizing the risk, discomfort and recovery time of the donor. Most donors are out of the hospital within 2 or 3 days. The cost of the transplant surgery is covered by the insurance - the living donor does not have to cover any of the costs. If you have to travel to be the living donor, all travel expenses are Jay's responsibility.

His blood type is B+ so compatible blood type would be a B or an O (+ or- does not matter).

Yes, it is a lot to ask of someone, but the reward is beyond comprehension!"



No comments:

Post a Comment