FaceBook

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

2 Risk Factor's For Fibromyalgia

Of course, there's several things that doctor's have tied to developing fibromyalgia, but there were 2 things that my Rheumatologist mentioned to me that I didn't have a clue about upping the chances of getting Fibro.
She asked me if I was premature.  I was.  I was born about 6 weeks early, weighing 4 pounds, 10 ounces.  She also asked me if I had bad growing pains growing up.  Boy did I ever!  I remember laying in bed, or on the floor at time, crying and rolling around with the pain in my legs and knees.

Dr. Gota said that the premature birth is looked at as a traumatic experience in life...which we've all heard how fibromyalgia can usually be traced back to a traumatic life event.  I actually found this very interesting.  I never would've thought of being born early, as a traumatic experience.  I guess in a sense, this does make sense though.



I wasn't given the theory of how bad growing pains factor into fibromyalgia.  To be honest, I didn't even think to ask.  I was too busy with my mind turning, trying to process all I was being told.  Is this maybe an indication that I had fibro from an early childhood age?  Maybe since birth?  All my life, I've felt that something was wrong with me.  Even though I was in band, and a cheerleader, I still always felt that I didn't have the energy that I should have.  Even my mother would make comments to me such as "you're too young to be tired all the time, and have all these aches and pains you complain about".  If so, it's definately progressed and gotten worse over the years.  Hmmm....something to ponder, I guess. 

3 comments:

  1. Huh, maybe that is why sports always killed me and I would be hurting the day after practice and never played when I got into Junior High and High School. The once a week in elementary school was enough.

    OMGosh, I bought a cantaloupe, honeydew and a pineapple and cut them up today for the kiddos and I thought that I was going to die before I finished. My back was hurting so bad, I had tears in my eyes. It's not like I am a perfectionist at doing it, I just want to get it cut up and in a bowl. The kiddos don't care what it looks like. This was 2 hours ago and I still hurt like crazy. I just know that there will not be much sleep tonight. UGG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy do I feel for you. That's my biggest complaint too, back pain when I try to do anything. I told both of the rheumy's I've been to, that just standing long enough to fry an egg literally puts me into tears. Then, trying to sleep is nothing but a toss-n-turn fest because I just can't sleep on my back. Sleeping on my stomach has always been my favorite position, but that's totally out due to my shoulder pain. So, I lay on one side til that shoulder hurts too much, then flip to the other side. -All night long. Ugh. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2349055637784 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete